CASPOC is a powerful, innovative system simulator designed for the simulation of Power Electronics and Electrical Drives. Using CASPOC, modeling power electronics, electrical machines, load and control in one multilevel model is fast and simple. This multilevel model includes a circuit level for the modeling of switched mode power supplies, a component level for the modeling of electrical machines/loads and a system level for the modeling of control algorithms.
Only CASPOC combines the ease of use of visual drag and drop schematic development, the productivity of modeling language, the power to view simulation results in ‘real time’ during the simulation in auto-scaling windows, and the world’s fastest simulation performance with no convergence problems.
LORENTZ-HF also calculates near and far field results, power and directive gain, radar cross-section, axial ratio, and input impedance, admittance and scattering parameters.
CASPOC is used in the design and simulation of complex power and control devices and systems such as: Rectifiers, DC Converters, AC Converters, Resonant Converters, Power Engineering, Induction Machines, Vector Controls, Mechanics, Active Filters, Harmonics, DC Machines, Stepper Motors and more, used in industries such as Aerospace, Automotive, Utility, Industrial, Transportation and Commercial Electronics.
- Extended library blocks for power electronic and drive systems
- Library of electrical machine models, including mechanical systems, rotating and translating, shafts, gearboxes, springs, bearings and friction models
- Advanced library for AC motor control (see Advanced Electrical Drives, DeDoncker TU Aachen) including field oriented control, DTC and sensorless control
- Extensive library for modeling sustainable green energy, such as wind turbines, solar modules, maximum power point trackers, grid converters, electric vehicles, battery and fuel cells
- Models for temperature dependent power electronic semiconductors, including loss calculation
- Math blocks for any function evaluation and vector signals for AC motor control
- Replay of the simulation results for failure modes and further investigation – any point in time can be traced back and the state of the simulation at that point in time can be observed, including the animation, signals and state animation inside hierarchical models
- Animation of the schematic showing full current path
- Animated symbols on customized library blocks
- Easy setting of parameters for all components
- Interface with Data Acquisition board
- Interface with INTEGRATED’s programs
- User compiled C/C++ code via DLL
- Export C code from the control system models
- Optimized C code export, independent of type of microcontroller or DSP, including fixed point TI QMATH Library
- Notes and figures can be added to the schematic
- Ability to create scripts to run CASPOC in batch mode
- Parameter sweep for any component parameter
- Bode diagram for any system to identify stability, impedance and audio susceptibility. Gain/phase margin, bandwidth for any type of power electronics – no averaging models are required
- Project management data can be stored with the simulation project
- Archive the entire project with one click
- Many samples on power electronics, electrical drives and sustainable energy are already pre-programmed
The CASPOC Standard version is the most basic, yet fully functional version of CASPOC. The CASPOC Professional version includes extended features.
Try the CASPOC FreeWare version. Although limited in nodes, you can run the samples and create your own models and simulate them!
Any sample can be viewed/simulated/animated in the Viewer. If there is no license, you can run a simulation and view the results. Certain parameters can be changed, indicated by the interactive components like the UPDOWN, KEY and ONOFF.
- No license is required
- View simulation results
- No limitation on nodes and components in the Viewer
- All samples from the tutorials. sample packages and the educational workbooks can be simulated/animated
With the low-priced CASPOC Standard version you can simulate and animate DC converters, DC-AC converters, AC-DC converters, Controlled Rectifiers, DC converters with control, Induction Machines with inverters, Brushless DC machines, etc. Most of the examples from the Educational Example Package for power electronics can be simulated with the Standard version.
CASPOC Standard offers you:
- Small-signal analysis for every type of switched mode power supply and even resonant converters
- Coupling to SIMULINK
- Non-linear components
- C-script to create user defined blocks
- Improved user interface and project manager
- Coupling to machine design tool Tesla
The high-end Professional version offers coupling to various simulation and analysis tolls, supports embedded C code export and allows you to run scripts to optimize your designs.
CASPOC Professional offers you:
- Modeling language for Microsoft Visual C
- Optimize your simulations using the C-script language. Set parameters in your simulation and perform multiple simulations
- Look up tables in 1D, 2D and multi-dimension
- Export of embedded C code for micro-controller design
- Typecast block for creating fixed-point simulations
- Report generator creates reports for all projects in one directory. Automated running and report generation
- Coupling to electromagnetic software
The educational version includes all the features of the High-End Professional version. The educational versions can only be ordered by educational institutes. The online versions of the workbooks on Power Electronics and Electrical Drives are included in the educational version.
The CASPOC Standard version is not limited in nodes and blocks. The Standard version includes, samples, tutorial, libraries and online help on a CD-ROM and 250 page printed manual. The CASPOC Professional version has extended features. CASPOC runs on all Windows. Licensing is availabe by Softlock, License Manager for the network license and Hardware Dongle.
Advanced Electrical Drives, by Duco Pulle, Andre Veltman and Rik DeDoncker (All simulations and tutorials in this book are done using CASPOC)
In the News
Pharox LED light bulbs use only 10 percent of the electricity that incandescent lamps use, do not contain toxic mercury, and will last for 25 years on average – they received a reward from the Clinton foundation
- Wind and Solar Power
- Electric and hybrid vehicles
- Grid connection
- Battery & fuel cells
- Including export of C code for control implementation in a DSP or microcontroller
Efficiency calculation at system level (for long time simulation) as well as detailed component level (simulate component stress)